So, What’s Up with the Green Star?
Have you noticed the tiny green “Follow Me” star on each TpT author’s page? You may wonder, “What is that for and does it increase my TpT customer service in any way?” Well, yes! Big things often come in small packages, right? That tiny star is definitely worth a click!
After following that star…great things will begin to happen! For instance, you’ll start receiving TpT inbox messages from your favorite TpT authors — but not more than once a month. (I know… “Hhmm” a few of you are thinking. “So?”) Well, here’s a thought. In a world filled with way too much junk in our inboxes — junk that has very little relevance to our daily doings, TpT is offering an avenue of choice and access. When you choose to star-click and follow a favorite TpT author, you set off quite a chain of events.
Letting the Stars Direct Your TpT Customer Service
For instance, when the owner of your favorite store pops into your inbox one morning and leaves a little note, it may contain information that turns out to be THE VERY THING that will solve a HUGE PROBLEM in your library media center! That note may turn your classroom management around in heartbeat! It may streamline your circulation process! It may be THE ANSWER you’ve been needing. (I know this because it has happened for me at LEAST three times! <3 )
Surely, THAT’S worth clicking the dang star, right? Need more convincing? Okay, TpT star-clicking is important for you because maybe, just maybe…
- There’s a big site-wide sale coming up! (And you could have MISSED IT!)
- Your very favorite TpT author has JUST listed a cool new product — and it is 50% off – but ONLY for the next 48 hours! (Again with the nearly missing it thing!)
- Another favorite author is suggesting some engaging new resources to keep kids on track for back to school or an upcoming holiday!
- A new favorite is surveying buyers to decide the focus of her next big project. (You could be a TpT influencer!)
- Perhaps that same author is offering a freebie to followers only for a limited time! (Star-clicking helps you avoid FOMO syndrome!)
- An older product has been completely revised and it’s ready for you to re-download! (That’s like getting a new product for FREE!)
- Your go-to TpT product line has just had one or two new resources added to it!
- Someone is having a giveaway… and YOU MIGHT BE A WINNER!
See? Without getting in on the whole “Follow Me” option… I mean, gee…you wouldn’t know squat.
So, there you go. Didn’t I tell you there were great reasons to follow your favorite TpT-ers? What? You need more?
Setting Preferences for TpT Customer Service
Okay, star-clicking/following also tells the TpT algorithm which seller’s products you would PREFER to see first in various sections of your dashboard. These include big info-blasters like:
- “New from Your Favorite Authors”
- “Suggested for You” (Super personalized based on other things you’ve purchased.)
- “Discover New Resources”
Yep… streamline your dashboard by clearing the clutter! And… save money because following also helps TpT know which stores to highlight in your “Save Today” and “Freebie of the Day” areas.
All in all, just do it. Following the green star benefits YOU…so go on and click away! Show TpT the kind of customer service you want.
I’m serious — go on…I’ll wait. Here, you can practice on mine. 🙂 (Click here.)
That’s it! TpT tip #1 is complete! If you’d like to enter the Rafflecopter drawing for one of five $10 gift cards, click a link and pick a task.
Up next? More TpT Customer Service Tips from Library Learners
TpT authors truly act upon helpful feedback, so amp up your TpT customer feedback skills with Cari White from Library Learners! (SPOILER: It PAYS to leave feedback!)