End-of-the Year Library Book Return Kit
“Stop “DRAGon” Your Book Around… Turn it in Please!” — The end of the school year usually means that students are asked to return their books, so the library can be inventoried, cleaned, and organized to prepare for the next year. Gathering up several hundered books doesn’t sound like an overwhelming task — if you’re NOT a librarian! However, WE know it always manages to become a bit of a mess! My book return kit was created to hopefully help you face this time of year with a plan in place — and a good sense of humor! Part one is to get organized! My suggestion for part two is to make it a game to see which classes can locate their books and get them returned first — thus earning the coveted “DRAGON MASTER” title!
– Bulletin board letters that say, Stop “Dragon” Your Book Around… Turn It In Please! 🙂
– Bulletin Board decorations including…
* 3 adorable dragons holding onto their favorite books — The Library Dragon, The Knight and the Dragon, and Do Not Bring Your Dragon to the Library, of course!
(Note: Some assembly required! 🙂 The dragons are enlarged clipart pieces with add-ons, so each one (top and bottom) takes up two slides. You’ll have to print, trim, line up the pieces on the front, and then tape them together on the back side to make each dragon. I did it this way so little bitty dragons don’t get lost on your bulletin board. Bigger dragons give your board a lot more visual pop!
* Extra decor to help bring that bulletin board to life includes a “library cave,” a few treasures, a nest of colorful dragon eggs, fluffy clouds, and even a mini banner to top it off! (Note: The library cave decoration was also enlarged and joined to other clipart and add-on pieces. So, it also comes on two slides, which makes a bigger scene for your bulletin board. You’ll need to tape the two pieces together to achieve the nice, rugged-looking backdrop for your dragons.)
* A blank due date announcement sign in color and black/white that you can fill in with your own details.
* Headers for a progress board with four levels — starting at “Seriously ‘DRAGON” (meaning 10 books or more are still out) and ending at the top with the coveted DRAGON MASTER status when a class finally has them all turned in! These also come in page-sized sheets that you can print and hang.
* “Gold coins” to put the classroom teachers’ names on the progress board. You can add text boxes to type — or just print and write the names.
* Reward certificates and “Dragon Master” bookmarks for classes who turn ALLLL the books in! (Sending these in color and in black/white for you!).
* A lost book note template… ’cause you know you’re going to be chasing down those last few books! Just add a text box and fill in your student’s information — or print several to have on hand and write them out as needed.
With all the pieces in place to make your library look and feel cheerful (even as you’re filling it back up with stacks of books to be shelved) maybe you’ll enjoy the last few weeks a bit more. If this library book return kit has intrigued you, CLICK THIS LINK to hop over and peek at my preview on TPT!